Below are some questions we have been asked and the information we found to help. This information may be out of date – please contact your State representative to confirm the information you need.

IMPORTANT! This is NOT legal advice – this information was gathered from research performed on Google and may NOT be 100% accurate. Please contact a lawyer or official for legal advice.

No, they must be at least 18 or travel with their legal guardian.

Yes, once a newcomer arrives in the USA – they can travel within the continental United States but must report their change of address. They must receive permission to travel outside of the USA.

In general, no – but if basic needs are committed to and those were not met – possibly. Make sure to identify exactly what you will and will NOT help with on your financial form to USCIS.